These are a few of my favorite photos that make me extremely happy when I look at them!
Oh the dreaded alarm clock sound… We all know it. And I’m pretty sure that we all hate it. Knowing that we should be getting out of our warm cozy beds and getting up to do some form of work, school, or just trying to be productive … it is the hardest thing to do. But, it’s something that we just HAVE to do. From experience, getting up and trying to have a lovely day knowing your bed is so comfy is always such a problem. (Especially when you have black out curtains which you can’t tell if it’s 8 o’clock in the morning or 1 o’clock in the afternoon. Both is a struggle and a luxury.) I think that I should share tips on how to have a lovely day regardless on how you had to start the morning.
- Smile at a stranger. (oh believe me, this can be hard when all you want to do is hide and watch netflix all morning instead of doing what you actually have to do. but once you just smile at someone and they smile back, it really does make a world of difference to your mood… and probably theirs too)
- Slow down. (life is really fast paced. and if it’s not, lucky you. but sometimes, (here comes the cheesy quote… brace yourself…) you just have to stop and smell the roses.)
- Say Thank You!!! (just simply having someone hold the door for me, it’s such a nice and kind thing to do for someone. besides, they didn’t have to hold the door for you…)
- Give a compliment or ten. (I don’t know about you but when I walk across campus and I see a few people wearing the CUTEST shoes ever, I man up (which is hard because I can be shy!) and tell them how adorable their shoes are. it personally makes me feel really good knowing I may have made their day by a simple compliment.)
- Dress nicely. (refer to my introduction. you know, waking up early for the day. no motivation for looking a slight bit presentable simply because you’re tired … and lazy. (guilty as charged.) but once you do look pretty, you feel pretty. and are more motivated to start your day more positively.)
- Wear perfume. (obvious reasons. to smell pretty.)
- Observe and listen. (self explanatory I suppose.)
- Be charming. (adj: being pleasant.)
- Laugh. (seriously, it makes your possible bad day pretty good. laughing is nice)
- And last but not least, wish people to have a lovely day as well.
It’s time to make today a lovely day. thanks for reading!!