Meet Rachel!! She’s the beautiful hair model today! She’s a braid lover like me and so since my hair isn’t long enough for braids anymore… (maybe one day I’ll get extensions specifically for braids… lol) she’s showing you how to do this beautiful fishtail braid — how gorgeous is her hair?! I love this style because you can so easily dress it up or dress it down! She’s so nice for doing this collaboration with me and so fun to work with!! Be sure to check out her social medias!
Rachel’s Blog HERE!
Rachel’s Pinterest HERE!
Rachel’s Instagram HERE!
Here are the steps on how to get her same fun fishtail braid!
1: Make a dramatic/ deep side part
2: Take a section of hair from one side of your head. It can be as big or small as you want it to be!
3: Separate the section into two getting ready to start your fishtail braid
4: Start your fish tale braid
5: About a fourth way down your braid stop and start adding an extra strand of hair each time you braid. (Note: This is not a Dutch fishtail so braid over rather than under!)
6: Keep adding hair until you are about half way down the braid.
7. When you are half way down your braid stop adding hair and finish the fishtail braid.
8. Pull apart your braid (I say you can never pull apart too much, the more the merrier!)
9. Now this part is a little tricky so if it takes you a few tries to figure it out don’t worry you aren’t the only one! Okay, so separate the bottom part of your braid (the part that’s tied off on the end) into two. Then take one of the two strands and make a knot around the other strand. Be sure to make the knot high so it’s around your elastic!
10. The knot usually stays by its self but if you want it to be extra secure you can tie an elastic underneath the knot! I usually always do this just to be safe!
11. And voila! You now have a fun little twist to a new fishtail braid!