Looove these television friendships. May have ups and downs but always there! Classics!!
If you have a long distance friendship, relationship, or whatever it is, I feel for you. If you don’t, how lucky are you!! Being in college, i’m sure many people have dealt with these sorts of situations. If it’s your friend, significant other, or family members, that lives 30 minutes away, 2 hours away, a few states away, across the state, or around the world, the struggle is REAL.
Here’s a short list I compiled of the struggles of long distance relationships.
- Saying goodbye – Probably the worst part of the day.
- Explaining your long distance relationship with your near by friends – Your near by friends probably know how you met, exactly what they look like, and that you talk all the time!
- You constantly blow up each others phone – Sorry friend. I really don’t mean to do this but you just have to be caught up with my busy life! (as the same with theirs.)
- Constantly calling – Again, sorry friend. I call at the most random times but it’s easier to call and tell stories over the phone rather than text!
- Separation anxiety – Yes. It’s a thing.
- Celebrating holidays without them – it’s just so sad!! Sometimes you need your best friend on your birthday!
- Talking about meeting up – stressful. maybe it will or maybe it will not happen. Busy schedules can definitely be an issue.
- Not knowing when you’ll see them again – ahhhh, the worst!! Like I said in my previous post, you have no idea when you will see them again. BUT technology is great as it will keep you in contact easily.
There! Small list of struggles that most of us deal with. So if you are dealing with this, you are not the only one. your reunion is closer than the day before. May you send each other many funny pictures and links and see each other soon!! Remember… it’s worth it! So keep it up. Once you find your forever friend, it doesn’t matter how far away they are! I hope all of you have a great week. This week is my last week of my spring semester then I’ll be home working for the summer! So excited!!